Sunday, January 6, 2008

The First Shall Be Last - Chapter Two



I hope everyone had a great time over the holidays. All three of our kids came home and brought either a boyfriend, girlfriend, or spouse with them. We had a great time playing Wii, watching movies, and just enjoying each other's company. By New Year's Eve they had all taken off again, so Judy and I relaxed and shared a quiet evening together trying to stay awake 'til midnight.

I received an email from a reader today who just finished The Healing Place and Murder at Whalehead. Here's what she had to say: I finally got the chance to sit down and read this week. I just want you to know that I became completely involved in the stories and couldn't put either book down. I liked following the characters into a second book. I read last night until 1:30 am and nearly finished Murder at Whalehead but knew I had to get some rest. I really had a hard time sleeping because I couldn't get my mind off the story. I just finished the book and now wish there was more to read. I loved the characters and hope to see them again in the future. Keep up the good work. I truly loved both books and will definitely suggest reading them to all my reading friends.

I love those kinds of emails. Word of mouth is the best advertising.

I've noticed a lot of people have stopped by the blog this week. I hope you've read the first chapter of The First Shall Be Last. I hope to post a chapter every Sunday evening for the next several months. Let me know if you find any mistakes or what you think about the story so far. I hope to have the novel ready for publishing by the end of May.

Here's the link to the first two chapters:
http://www.joecellis.com/The_First_Shall_Be_Last.htm

You can post a comment or send me an email: joecellis@comcast.net

Talk to you later,

Joe C. Ellis
CLICK HERE to view video trailer for Murder at Whalehead
Link to front cover: CLICK HERE (Click on cover to enlarge)
Link to back cover: CLICK HERE (Click on cover to enlarge)
Link to first eleven chapters:CLICK HERE
Visit my website at http://www.joecellis.com/

No comments: