Sunday, December 30, 2007

The First Shall Be Last - Chapter One


1000-Yard Stare
(painting of a battle-fatigued Marine on the island of Peleliu)

The new year is about to begin, and I'm preparing for the release of my third novel in May of 2008: The First Shall Be Last. The story is a World War II mystery about a crime committed against a black soldier during the Battle of Peleliu. Peleliu was a small island in the Central Pacific held by Elite Japanese forces. The First Marine Division was ordered to take the island as a part of General Douglas MacArthur's island hopping campaign to return to the Philippines. I based this novel on my father's memoirs.

Between now and the end of April I plan on posting a chapter per week. You could be a great help to me by letting me know what you think of the story, catching mistakes, and making suggestions. Also, if you know of anyone who might be interested in reading this novel, please send them the link. I will use your comments and suggestions in the rewrite as I prepare the final draft.

After you read the chapter, please return to my blog and click on the comment link to give me your suggestions, corrections, etc. You can also email me at joecellis@comcast.net . To get to the first chapter, click on the link below:

http://www.joecellis.com/The_First_Shall_Be_Last.htm

Thanks for stopping by my blog in 2007. Hope you stick with me through 2008.

Talk to you later,

Joe C. Ellis
CLICK HERE to view video trailer for Murder at Whalehead
Link to front cover: CLICK HERE (Click on cover to enlarge)
Link to back cover: CLICK HERE (Click on cover to enlarge)
Link to first eleven chapters:CLICK HERE
Visit my website at http://www.joecellis.com/

No comments: