Thursday, August 2, 2007

Emails and Requests



Emails are coming in from people who have read Murder at Whalehead. I have also received another request to speak to several book clubs. I appreciate hearing from readers. If someone enjoyed the book enough to email me and let me know he or she liked it, I'm sure that person will spread the good word. Perhaps "word-of-mouth" is the best kind of advertising--it's free and effective.


Rachel wrote: We received it yesterday and I started to read it last night... I read half the book already and I am not really one to sit down for long enough to watch a movie or read. I did not want to put it down but had to go to bed.


Candis wrote: I finished your book last week and wanted you to know that I soooo much loved it. I am a Mary Higgins Clark fan and I think your book competes with hers on the mystery level. It was also great to have a hometown connection. Please let me know when your first novel's second edition becomes available, I would love to read it.


Suzanne said: Just wanted to tell you that I finished your new book "Murder @ Whalehead" and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. You did a marvelous job with the plot and having the local color was an added treat. Keep up the good work and when you finish the revision of your first book, let me know.


Mandy said: I LOVED this book. From the moment I picked this book up, I couldn't put it down. I was transported down to the Outer Banks and went along on the adventure as the two families in the novel explored new places, opened themselves up to new ideas, and helped solve a murder.


The Shadyside library hosts several book clubs with about 53 members. Judith Nelms, Shadyside's librarian, emailed me to request that I give a presentation/book signing to them sometime in September. I love talking to book lovers. I'm looking forward to meeting with the Shadyside crew. Also, the presentation will provide another opportunity to raise funds for reading programs. I plan on donating the proceeds from the event to the library.


Now I need to put my nose to the grindstone and get back to my rewrite of The Healing Place.


Talk to you later,


Joe C. Ellis


CLICK HERE to view video trailer

Link to front cover: CLICK HERE (Click on cover to enlarge)

Link to back cover: CLICK HERE (Click on cover to enlarge)

Link to first eleven chapters:CLICK HERE

Visit my website at http://www.joecellis.com/

No comments: