Friday, June 29, 2007

When Doors Open

If you believe in your work, and other knowledgeable people recognize its potential, then when the door of opportunity opens, go through it.

Last week when I met with Linda Lauby, the president of Outer Banks Press, that door opened. Linda runs a successful company on the Outer Banks, publishing and distributing magazines and books to most of the bookstores and gift shops on the Outer Banks. She has offered her company's services as a distributor for my novel, Murder at Whalehead. I'm excited. Two days ago I ordered 500 copies of the novel to be sent to one of her warehouses. It's a financial risk, but I'm willing to take the chance.

Currently eight bookstores or gift shops are selling the novel. With Linda's help, that number will probably triple.

Yesterday I received an email from the owner Beach Books and Music. She informed me the novel had almost sold out and she wanted to order 10 more. Great email! The kind that makes my day.

Talk to you later,

Joe C. Ellis

Here are some links to my novel, Murder at Whalehead:
CLICK HERE to view video trailer
Link to front cover: CLICK HERE (Click on cover to enlarge)
Link to back cover: CLICK HERE (Click on cover to enlarge)
Link to first eleven chapters:CLICK HERE
Visit my website at http://www.joecellis.com/

No comments: