Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Gift



Christmas Day will arrive in six days. I want to share a gift with you--the gift of two beautiful songs. The first one is relatively new and the second one has been around a while. Both have a similar theme--offering our gifts back to God and seeing them sanctified--lifted to a new level of beauty and meaning.

The first song, "The Gift", is sung by Aselin Debison, who recorded it when she was 12 years old back in 2002. The quality of her voice adds to the wonder and innocence of the song.

The second one is from the 1970s when Bing Crosby was still alive. He harmonized with David Bowie on The Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth. Again, the theme reflects the wonder of presenting our gifts to God, no matter how small they be.

As a writer, I often wonder if my work honors God. Does the Lord smile when I present the gift? Will God use it to bless others? I hope so. And I hope you enjoy these two songs.




Merry Christmas,

Joe C. Ellis

CLICK HERE to view video trailer for Murder at Whalehead
Link to front cover: CLICK HERE (Click on cover to enlarge)
Link to back cover: CLICK HERE (Click on cover to enlarge)
Link to first eleven chapters:CLICK HERE
Visit my website at http://www.joecellis.com/

No comments: