Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Books on the Avenue -- Booksigning

On Saturday, November 24, I had the pleasure of signing copies of Murder at Whalehead and The Healing Place at one of Wheeling's independent bookstores, Books on the Avenue. Owners Caryn Braunlich and Debbie Miller have done a great job offering the Valley a great selection of new and used books. The store also serves delicious coffee and snacks, and the owners encourage customers to plop down in a comfy chair in one of the back rooms, relax, and thumb through a book. Arts and Crafts lovers will discover that Books on the Avenue is a great place to buy supplies and even take watercolor painting lessons.

Many regular customers stopped in to purchase signed copies of my books. I also had an opportunity to share my new PowerPoint presentation to a group of interested readers. The presentation covers my journey as a writer and offers some insight into the background of my two novels. If you have a group who would be interested in hearing the presentation, please call me at 1-740-633-0423. All in all it was a good time.

I got an encouraging email today from Sarah at Beach Bag Books and Music in Corolla, NC. She informed me that Murder at Whalehead is still "selling great!" Because Murder at Whalehead had been selling so well, Manteo Booksellers (down near Hatteras) ordered a dozen copies of The Healing Place. I'm hoping it will sell well also. The Island Bookstores have also made The Healing Place available. Hopefully in time all of the Outer Banks bookstores will get on board with The Healing Place.

Talk to ya later,

Joe C. Ellis

CLICK HERE to view video trailer for Murder at Whalehead
Link to front cover: CLICK HERE (Click on cover to enlarge)
Link to back cover: CLICK HERE (Click on cover to enlarge)
Link to first eleven chapters:CLICK HERE
Visit my website at http://www.joecellis.com/

No comments: